Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve



So it's finally come! The New Year! 2010 It's amazing how fast time flies....

Let's think back to what has happened in the last year....

I've gone to school. (I'm now officially a sophomore)
Pretty much all my friends went on missions. (and lots of them are half way done)
I moved home.
Melissa got engaged and married.
Colette got engaged and married.
Nikelle got engaged and married.
OH we can't forget Brittany got married!
The twins are in Junior High.
Matt and Kyoko had a baby!
Have new roommates.
I MET JAMES! (that's a great one!)


Yeah... that's all I can think of right now.

Anyways, I wanted to first add on something to my goals list...

6. Journal

I use to keep a journal... really well too. Almost insanely well. From 5th grade till about 8th grade I wrote at least 5 times a month... And then 9th grade until half way through my senior year in high school... I wrote every day. Didn't miss (usually) a single one. I have tons of journals to prove it.

But one day I just decided... I was sick of writing everything down. I don't know if it was that I hated writing something and going back and reading it and thinking "what? I don't know why I even cared to write that." or if my hand just hurt. I don't know. But I stopped writing. I slowly wrote more when I got into college. And tried really hard last Spring to start writing again. But It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. So my goal is to try to write. Not necessarily every day. But when I can. When I have something worth writing.

I left my journal in Logan though... so I may be writing stuff on here. Just so I can.

And that is that goal.

Now. I know I told you I was going to finish the BoM so I could start over again at the new year... but I am still 5 books and half another book away from finishing... and the New Year is in less than 12 hours.. so.. I'm just gonna have to push them in to the next year. BUT I will start again once I'm done and continue to read.

I tried. Not as hard as I know I could have. But at least I haven't given up.

OH! That reminds me. Did I talk about trying to get a job at all? yeah yeah I looked. So, I kinda applied for one and kinda had an interview for it a few weeks ago. And he told me that I pretty much had it, but he had to check some things first and that he would let me know on Monday (which was 4 days ago...) however... I'm thinking about it... and I'm gonna hope that he is talking about this following Monday. If so... that would be nice.

It would be really nice to have a job. Make some money. Start saving. Be able to buy things. Oh yeah... it would be really nice.

I had a little break down yesterday because of all this crap (job and a few other things on my mind) and I snapped out of it when I woke up (which I knew I would... I always do) but I have to say... It's really hard being optimistic all the time.. (It may not look like I'm always optimistic from my blogs... but that's only because I only usually write when I'm having a bad day) But I'm changing that. I won't write when I feel like crap. I'll write when I feel I need to. Whatever the mood is!

So yeah... I'm sitting here trying to think of some kind of quote that I can start the new year out with... and this one always pops in my mind. It might seem stupid to some or not make sense or whatnot but I really like it and it has a point.


"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

I heard it from NCIS. I know I know.. what a dumb place to hear a quote.. but I really like it. And I like to remind myself of this as I walk through life.

So I guess that's all I have for now. I'll talk to you again next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment