Thursday, December 3, 2009

A New Year Is Coming

Dear ... well.. whoever,

Sorry I haven't been writing lately. If I'm going to have a blog, I should probably write more often. I mean, I'm on the computer enough that I could easily write SOMETHING everyday. But I guess the real important thing is that at least I write eventually.

Lucky for you, I actually have a plan on what I want to talk about!! I have been thinking about it a lot lately and I decided that this year I want to make some New Year's Resolutions! I'm not sure I've ever really made some before. I'm sure I've said "Oh yeah... I'll try to be better at this." or, "I'll do this such and such thing less." But when it really comes down to it... I've never really WRITTEN DOWN my New Year's Resolutions before.

So I may not have everything I plan on... resoluting? resolating? hmmm who knows. But I'm sure you get it.. I won't have all my goals down in this one blog, but I do promise to eventually write them all down. I looked to see if there was some sort of gadget that would allow me to write them down on the side by all those other dodads... There wasn't... but I'll figure it out.

So I'll finally start out. I want you to know that the order I write these down does not automatically mark their importance. I'm just writing as they come to mind. All of my goals are equally as important (some are just harder than others). But with the will power, I can do anything.


: G o a l s :

1. Daily Scripture Reading.

I know this is a typical "mormon" goal. But I don't really care about other people. Well, at least about being like everyone else. I'm not all about the stereotypical anythings. I am Emily and I hope everyone realizes that. I do what I do because I choose to, not because every one else does it. I'm not a "follower" of peer pressure.

Back to my goal... I've been trying since about February/March of 2009 to read every day. I even have a reading chart I found that I printed off and leave in my scriptures to mark off. I'm doing pretty dang good if I must say so myself. But.. I had planned on finishing the BoM last July and.. well, If I read at least 3 chapters a day from now till December 31st.. I should finish. (I hope to finish before so I can start the year off completely new).


2. Do Good In School.

I know that's a pretty broad one... but let me give a more detailed idea of what I'm thinking. Last year I averaged a 3.0, which when I tell people, they keep telling me that's really great... So I'm going to say right here and now (sorry if I offend anyone) but I was a 4.0 student all my life... so averaging a 3.0 is a failure for me. I'm sure (or at least pray) that I have raised it some this semester. But not nearly as much as I wanted to. The funny thing is that college isn't hard. I mean, I'm sure it is for some people... but I've just always done great in school. No matter the subject. My problem is the lack of caring to do homework and studying. That's my weakness. So my REAL goal here is to do every homework assignment and even extra credit (needed or not) plus study... big time study for every test. I'm not expecting to Ace every class (even though I see no reason to not be able to) but I don't want any more C's. So what ever you want to call this goal... that's the gist of it.


3. Be Organized.

So if you know me... I'm quite the organized person. But I'd love to become more organized. Maybe a better would to say is... not to procrastinate? I don't hold things off as bad as I use to.. so maybe I'm trying to say that I would like to be able to plan ahead. I want to be one of those people who have to "squeeze something into my week". Not really of course. I don't plan on ever being that busy (even though I know no one plans on being totally "busy"). But I'd like to be able to start out every week with an idea of what's going on. The more organized and planned I am... the less stress I have. Stress is no fun. Why would anyone every want stress? So yeah... I think it's a great goal.


4. Budget.

I remember my Senior Year in high school, they made it a requirement to take a Financial Literacy class. At first I thought it was so dumb and so did everyone else. I got into the class and... It's probably one of the only classes that I can think of that I ACTUALLY learned something. Of course I learned Math... and English.. and other such things. But I left my senior year with a good amount of money saved up for several different areas of life. Then I got a speeding ticket... which pretty much depleted me of all that I had just saved.. I don't have a job right now. But I'm trying. And when I get one, I hope to have a great system down to budgeting my money. I don't want to be a poor student who depends entirely on her parents. I love my parents and they know I love them and I appreciate everything they've done for me. But I feel horrible taking their hard earned money every month to pay for rent and food. So... I budgeted great 2 years ago... I could do it again. And even better. Cause I'll have a job..

That's right ... I WILL have a job.




I know I had more... But alas... I didn't write them down until now... so... I forgot. But like I said before. There is no way I'll have everything down in this own blog. It'll take time. I mean... I have a little less than a month to come up with more! And even after that... New Year's Resolutions aren't JUST for the beginning of the New Year. You can make goals any time you want. You just need to stick to them. That's the thing I think people have the hardest time with it. Saying they'll do something... but just doing what they usually do anyways.

I've been told once that you can't make a goal, do it once, and expect it to be easier for you to do forever more. It takes time and energy. But the harder you try and the more often you try, it'll be easier. I promise. You just can't give up.


:) which brings me to something...



4. Never Give Up.

I think this one speaks for itself.



And now I leave you... but I'll be back. I have more goals to tell you about! (if I can remember them that is..)

No comments:

Post a Comment