Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2D Design

So I don't know how many of you know, but I have been taking a two-demensional design class this semester. The class consists of pretty much anything you can artfully make. (Yup I just made that word up). And you turn it into something.

For example: Our first assignment consisted of us picking an object and then drawing that object 16 different ways. It was pretty cool!

Here is mine:





The second assignment we did, we were suppose to design monograms for your names. May I say, hard assignment! We had to draw a fancy one (for a wedding or something), a corporate one (that we'd have for a business of ours or such) and then one that describes us. Well, I'm a simple person. So I made mine simple.



Fancy:


Corporate:


Myself:


I don't know why I did myself the way I did. I'm just not creative in the "design something for yourself" area.

Our third project was do design music. However, our piece could not actually have anything to do with the lyrics or the name or anything. It had to do with rhythm and beats and so on and so forth. AND we had to make it out of geometric shapes (most ridiculous assignment ever)

I tried so hard with mine. But it was ridiculous. I gave up. There was no way I was going to finish it before it was due. So it was only partially done.

The song I did was Bari Improv from the movie August Rush. I decided to do my geometric shapes with a HOLE PUNCH! Bad idea! Never doing that again.

Turns out I didn't understand the assignment right cause when I looked at everyone else's.... I understood so much better how I should have done it. But my teacher is somewhat of a ditz and even though I showed him my thumbnails and told him how I was going to do it, he never corrected me.

But anywho. I didn't like the assignment. It could have been better had I understood it but oh well.

Here is that assignment:



So the most recent project I have turned in was about propaganda posters. Our teacher taught us how to paint with a paint called Gauche. It's thicker then watercolor but lighter then acrylic. It showed us a technique called Ink Wash. It was pretty cool! It gives your picture a antique sort of look or an olden day print type thing. He had us a practice and I did a picture of Mario!

Mario:



I'm very proud of him! I plan on making a Luigi, Princess Peach and Yoshi so that I can hang them up in frames and possibly show them off in a baby's room someday.

Anywho, the project. I ended up doing a propaganda poster about Adoption. I hope you like it.

Adoption:

I didn't realize that I didn't have a finished product picture. When I get it back, I'll have to take another picture and show you all again.

I'm so proud of this! My teacher must have liked it too cause he put it up in the hallway of the art building (only the cool things get up there!)

My current project is to design a Cereal box. We have to come up with EVERYTHING. Name of the cereal, what it looks like, what it tastes like, a mascot, a free gift to put inside, the brand name (like kellogs or general mills) and so on and so forth.

Everything has to be our own original idea. I wasn't sure what to do at first but once I started thinking about it. I came up with something! With some help from some of my friends, I came up with a name.

Aggie A's. It's a cereal for Utah State University. The mascot is Little Blue (Big Blue when he was younger) and the cereal looks great (in my mind... I haven't drawn it out yet).

But it should be a pretty cool assignment. I hope to get it done sooner then later, and then I'll put a picture up for all to see!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I like them all. (Even the hole punch one. I think it looks super cool.)

    I'm excited to see more. :)

    ReplyDelete