Sunday, August 12, 2012

Independence Rock

So on our journey to Toronto, Canada, we stopped by Martin's Cove. We left Ogden in the morning/afternoonish and got there later that night (just before it got dark).

It was too late to do any tours but it was light still so we headed over to Independence Rock. Only a handful of us had ever been there, me being one of them.

It was way fun but MAN! Never climb that rock without water. We didn't take any.... BAD IDEA!

This is what the rock looks like as you drive closer to it.


Here is a closer look at the rock. It's not as smooth as it looks.


It was A LOT steeper than I remembered. Bekah and Crystal ran up it like it was nothing. Rachael and I had a few problems (I think I could have gone a little faster if I wasn't holding a camera)

This is James waiting for Rachael so he could help her.


If I remember correctly, this is the moment when Rachael said she didn't want to come up anymore. But I told her she had to.


This is James's butt :D

I took a picture of them taking a picture.




James found a 'pool' to lay in. (there was no water... but it was really windy up there)




At first glance, it totally looks like Bek is flipping me off... But she isn't.





Here is everyone jumping over a little crease in the rock (it was not little.... you did have to jump and it was scary looking). I didn't go over there because I didn't want to fall and break my camera.







We found this rock and spend the next forever taking pictures on it.


This was pretty cool.




James and Rachael look cool as silhouettes. But you can barely see Crystal and Bek.









My family is silly.





This is Bekah.


Rachael.


I had Rachael turn so it looked cooler.




The sun started to set.



Here is Mom, Dad, and Grandpa.

So story here. We were walking around looking at the names on the rock (which I will show in a post later) when Crystal says "uh oh." I turn around and ask what it wrong. She picks up this piece of rock and says "I broke it."

So this is us putting blame on Crystal for breaking Independence Rock.


We decided to run before someone caught us.




On our way home, the sun set some more and it was just gorgeous. I didn't think thee pictures came out well because the window was closed in the motor home (and those windows look yucky.) So I thought I'd see spots all over the window but you can't really tell. So that's nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment