Thursday, September 27, 2012

Primary Blog

So as I'm sure most of you know, James and I were called as Primary teachers when we moved to Pleasant View.

also... we go to church at my parents ward, not the ward we live in. Which I feel has upset some people

but what people need to understand, I have lived the last 4 years of my life not going to a ward where I know people and no matter how hard I tried.... People just didn't seem to care to get to know me. When James and I got married and had moved to Logan, one of the first things we did was find out our ward and attend. We did this and for the first few weeks, it was pretty normal that people didn't know who we were. But we introduced ourselves and met a lot of people. I got a visiting teaching assignment and it was great.

However... After 6 months.... people still had no idea who we were. We were "new" every week. And then out of the blue, my visiting teaching companion moved and didn't tell me. Told everyone BUT me.

It was very frustrating and it soon became very clear to me that if we were going to stay active, we needed to be in a ward where I felt people actually cared about us.

So that is why we are attending my parents ward. Sorry if it upsets you but I'd rather feel that people care about me.

Sorry for that little rant..

Anyways! We are primary teachers. We originally taught the 4 - 7 year olds. Why such a large gap? Well, the ward is small. So there weren't many children. But then our stake got all switched up and we got some people added to the ward and we got enough children that our 4 -7 class had to be split up so now we teach 4 - 6 (lol doesn't seem like much of a difference... but it is)

We have 4 kids in our class. 2 boys and 2 girls.

They are adorable and I've had a lot of fun teaching them and getting to know them.

I've used a lot of websites to help me figure out how to teach our lessons and I've decided I'd really like if I could post every week about the lesson we had. And I can post some of the activites we do and if I use a site to help me, I can help direct others to those sites.

So hopefully very soon, I will be able to think up a name and get that started. (I keep all my coloring pages so I should be able to add past lessons (maybe not where I got things though... cause I might not remember))

Message me if you can think of any cute primary names!

No comments:

Post a Comment