Sunday, February 10, 2013

Preparing the Nursery

Over the past week, my mom and I have been preparing the room next door to ours for Boston.

It needed a lot of work. It looked very... poopy and the walls were pretty gross. But my mom and I went through and cleaned everything and fixed up the holes in the walls. The top shelf in the closet was warped so my mom was able to screw it down so it looks normal again. We painted the closet and the ceiling white and the walls are a light gray.

It took all week but it got done (give granted that my mom did most of it).

We only need to take the tape off. And my mom would like to fix the wood trimming everywhere.

I took pictures the entire time (as much as I could anyways) and I will be posting them later tomorrow hopefully.

If you didn't know my ideas at all, I wanted the walls to be a light gray and then I'm going to put different colors of blue.

I was able to get a cute little bean bag with a football, basketball and baseball on it (and maybe another sport) that is blue and then I plan on getting some blue frames to hang. I would also like a either a long curtain for the window or just one of those top things (I don't know what they are called). I also want a blue bedding set but I've been very.... particular about it.

I really did not want a blue with little animals on it or boats or sports or anything like that. I really just wanted a normal blue (preferably with a little bit of another color and a fun design).

And guess what... tonight I found one!

On Facebook, I ran into this group called Davis and Weber County Virtual Yard Sale!!! which is basically a yard sale online. It is for the Davis and Weber County area (however, other areas sometimes are on there too)

I've been able to buy many things from people to help build up our baby item supply (including a crib and mattress and changing table).

But I saw a post about this super cute girl bedding and I was just frustrated cause I always see so much stuff for girls but hardly anything for boys so I just added a little comment on the post about how I wish I could find boy bedding like this cause it's so cute but I swear it's impossible...


Well, turns out the same lady selling the girl bedding set had a matching boy set!

She told me that her husband accidentally burnt part of the bumper and she showed me a picture and it's not really that bad.

I asked her how much, expecting it to be $30 or $40.

And she surprised me with $10.

I told her I was sold and will hopefully be picking it up later tonight!


I feel blessed that I have been able to find some awesome things for our little boy at such small prices!

Not only have I found great stuff on the Facebook page, but I also got a super nice (pretty much brand new) bouncer on KSL for $5 and a table top swing for FREE on freecycle.org.

James' sister, Kathie, was very kind to give us a box of items that she had for her boys. I love all of it (Kathie, I love the dinosaur bedding but I really wanted something else.... so I hope that it is ok that I might not use it)


I have been very careful with my spending on our little boy even though some people in my family think I'm not. I specifically set money aside so that I could do exactly what I'm doing.

So I don't feel bad at all for my spending on Boston.



Anyways... I'm super excited for finally getting the nursery put together and show you my ideas.


And in less than 4 months, little Boston will be here!

(and shortly after that, a little boy cousin for Boston to play with)

1 comment:

  1. Never feel bad for spending money on your son. You deserve to spoil him :) Besides, the money you spend now, you wont have to spend later due to handing it down from one kid to another. Love you! So excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete