Thursday, February 28, 2013

Shay's Farewell

One of my best friend's is leaving (has left) on her mission to Lime Peru West Mission. Her farewell was on Sunday (Feb. 24, 2013) and she left for the Peru MTC yesterday!

I decided it would be nice and so me, Colette and Nikelle and possibly their husbands, wrote Shay letters yesterday on dearelders.com so that she'll have some letters from us when she gets there. I hope she enjoys them!

At her farewell, they had a breakfast bar and it was super funny because Shay was THE LAST person to eat and even then... she kept getting stopped before she took a bite. This is when she finally sat down to eat.


Five seconds later, (before she took a bite) some people were leaving so she set her plate down.


After about 10 or so minutes, she finally came back. Sat up on the chair and... more people were leaving....


She finally was able to sit down except.... I wanted some pictures before more people came and we were leaving... So once again... her eating was belated.

Here is us. James, Me, Shay, Nikelle and Greg.


I'm looking at these and I can't believe I'm going to put them up on the internet. I do NOT like the way I look. I know I'm pregnant but I'm a fat pregnant! I was a little over weight before I was pregnant and I was not happy then. So seeing that I still look overweight makes me a little sad. (But my goal is to change that after little Boston is born)

Here is Nikelle, Shay and I.


Just Shay and I (if you look close... you can see the necklace James gave me for Valentine's Day)


Shay and Nikelle.


Shay is going to be a wonderful missionary and I can't wait to hear all her stories. She will be the first missionary that I write consistently (at least I hope so).

1 comment: